Tuesday, June 25, 2013

ART Experience !

“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”
                                                         ~ Edgar Degas.

Last evening had been to an Art Exhibition, Was my first time experience in there. Let me tell you, what I felt.. The paintings hung over the wall, people murmuring, curators briefing, artists explain their art and what was I doing? Looking at em and wondering.. Every individual painting was vivid, had a deep meaning, gave a deep thought over it as to what the artist would have thought when he got himself with colors and the canvas.. Did he really try to tell what is seen? Why cant it be like this? Does it mean the same as what i have in mind? Among all these were ones that caught me, A painting had this old detached house, storm filled environment and people returned home... !! Another art that depicted the human senses shown in a cycle.. The best one was the art which showed a comparison between a fetus in womb and a fish !! Too many small drawings within and made me think more deep. This experience was amazing, Thank you, for this opportunity for me to realize the meaning of art. I concluded saying.. 
"Art is what you imagine"
And I even heard this statement among the crowd "Only like 40% of the artists really mean the art they do, rest just do the art work for the sake of completion & carry a degree from an art school".
So true !! Some paintings there made totally no sense at all. Even the artist wouldn't have given a thought over it.

Cheers
-Mj

2 comments:

  1. That was a good one.!! I feel 80% of the focus lie on the imagination and 20% lie on the consistency of colors, angle of the brush,width of the brush etc.. so the artists fail to reflect their imagination exactly.!! But sometimes it end up being better than their imagination.!!Paintings are kinda boost for creative minds like you.!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup true x) Surprising, You sound so intelligent ! I so agree with your thoughts. Only sometimes it ends up being better than their imagination coz we ourselves find perspectives about the art and have a very new definition about it.

    ReplyDelete