Monday, October 31, 2016

To the new beginning and adventures..

Sunday, August 14th 2016, realization 2 years since I spent my life in'Merica. Grades? Awards? Recognitions? Research? Projects? Friends? Traveler? Memories? Credit-score? Achieved em all, oh wait also graduated from masters in Mechanical Engineering on August 6th, 2016.

What next? Well, I had kept my options open, wrote proposals for PhD programs, spammed online applications at job portals, networked with some amazing people from all over the world, multiple interviews faced, Proud about the very first interview I had in my very first moments of climbing the corporate ladder, I nailed it, finally one job offer that falls together also got out of my sight due to contingency. To continue, rest interviews sent my hope's rise and fall while chasing a sunset. One ray of hope and then lost the same a.k.a rejections.

As the calendar hit Sunday, September 18th, 2016, this day, 25 years ago I entered this world, was the day I really dreamt myself being calm and settled with either a dream job/novel research, well he had thought about a different design, I felt nothing would go as planned. Rather I was just another jobologist, battling with the fear of losing myself of being unemployed for that period was most painful. Dad told me any moment you feel hopeless about the job search pack the bags and come home.

Just like every other morning, networking, spamming applications and reading articles. I met this professional from an energy engineering firm over LinkedIn, expressed my interests and asked for leads. His response was really warm and he asked to get in touch on a phone call in a week. It was again another ray of hope but I felt it was strong. The conversation went well, he asked me if I was interested to move another city (SLC,UT) and I said 'Oh yeah I am always ready for an adventure'. The conversation kept building up, met senior engineers from the firm. Then the director told me I have checked off multiple boxes in his list and will be following up with multiple rounds of interview, It shared all my experience and I was asked to have my final interview with the President of the company who has helped the field of energy efficiency on multitude levels. Delighted to meet and I delivered my best and was positive about this. Still, I did not give up trying other offers in different organizations.

October 7th, I received an offer letter stating by an engineering 'We are extremely excited at the prospect of you joining our team in Salt Lake City. You have impressed us during the interview process and your references were excellent. Attached is an employment offer letter for the position of an Engineer'. I felt all that positive hopes and hard work didn't go in vain. I met a lot of great people and learned a lot how the whole 'Landing in a job' process worked. From my experience always be humble, thankful and work in diligence. The hiring manager or even any personnel expects you be yourself and make sure you put a smile on their face by the end of the conversation.

My references to this job were strong, they helped me a lot. It was not by force but they really wanted me to land a good job and always kept me motivated from where I could carry forward my current expertise ahead.

Here I start this new journey, much more tell about how Salt Lake City is treating me. Will update soon. But not to forget I want to take this moment to thank everyone heartily, I am indebted to you all who helped me stay strong through this phase, I needed all that motivation and I am most thankful to my parents who believed in me more than myself.

Cheers,








No comments:

Post a Comment